Tuesday, September 11, 2012

About me

I am a business consultant in the field of Learning and Development and Performance Management. This means that I am  always involved in Instruction Design as well as delivery of learning solutions. While I mainly work with the Corporate world I've been very interested in the field of main stream education for several years.

I love learning and helping others discover, learn and hopefully have lots of aha moments

Last year I joined PotCert 2011/2012 but was unable to participate fully and continue until the end due to different reasons including but not exclusively work. I am happy to be able to join again, this time with stronger resolve to get more involved, learn, offer and ask for help whenever there's a need.

I am Egyptian but I live and work in the United Arab Emirates which means that I attending some of the synchronous sessions can be a challenge but I am happy to see more participants from time zones that are closer to mine, something that is already giving me some ideas :)


2 comments:

  1. I've been volunteering (mostly posting resources on the FB) with local Adult Education (ABE) and GED (high school equivalency) and trying to get the instructor more involved in online. ABE programs have a strong workplace prep component, which may or may not have much overlap with other workplace instruction. In any case, I'd interested in learning more about online Corporate training. Between local isolation and the rising cost of post-secondary education, it would make sense for area learners to do as much training online as possible.

    PS Where in Egypt? My father worked as geophysicist in Egypt in the 60s, lived in Alex. I was in Cairo more and attended AUC

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence :)Great to meet someone who've been in Egypt at that time. In the 60s I lived in Kuwait as my father worked there but I had the chance to visit Cairo and usually stayed at my grandmother's in Helwan (it was a beautiful place then, now completely ruined). I loved Cairo then. Now I am Maadi Cairo.

    If I talk about Corporate Online learning locally in the United Arab Emirates as well as in Egypt, I have to say that it is very limited. Even multinational organizations that have been using online conferencing and training facilities such as webex are not using it locally. Most of the online learning consists of CBTs (Computer Based Training) that are either tailor made for the organization or off the shelf generic courses related to finance or customer service etc. and even those are very rare. It is still a very Face2Face culture. At the beginnings of this year I was able to convince a client in Saudi Arabia to complete a course online and the main motivator for them to accept was budget restrictions as the alternative was no training.

    ReplyDelete